Re: [wmii] summary of some #wmii talk on 2006-03-02

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:42:44 +0100

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:09:43PM -0500, John Nowak wrote:
> Let me sum it up like this:
>
> OS X is like my desk in real life. Everything is kind of a mess, and
> some things are under other things, but I know where everything is
> exactly.
>
> Wmii is like my desk, except that my girlfriend just organized
> everything for me while I was in the bathroom. Everything is in a
> straight line, there are no big piles, and she removed the box of
> cookies (that I was still eating). Sure she does a good job, but it
> gets tiresome having to relearn my desk every time I go to the bathroom.

That is a neat summary. But in contrast to your girl, wmii
manages everything in a predictable way (at least in wmii-3 it
should do so). That's the difference. And because it is
predictable, you simply know where a window is. This is pretty
much the same to the scenario you put specific windows always
in the same place.

Regards,