Re: [wmii] snap: 20060309

From: <varheit_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:32:56 +0100 (MET)

The way I understand tag it should be allowed to supply meaningful
tags rather than numbers. Thus, I have defined (in wmiirc):

$MODKEY-Shift-t)
        wmiir read /tags | awk '{print $10}' | wmiimenu | wmiir write
/ws/sel/sel/tags;;

This displays a menu with all tags currently available for selection, but
also allows me to tag the current client with a descriptive new tag, e.g.,
by entering something like "mail".

The client is moved to the tagged ws correctly, and the label appears
on the bar. The problem is, it cannot be selected by clicking on it.
Nevertheless, I can write 'echo -n "select mail" | wmiir write /ctl',
which selects activates the tagged clients as expected.

Maybe I am abusing the tagging concept here...

Vik

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer