Re: [wmii] snap: 20060309

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:27:12 +0100

On 3/9/06, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 04:39:48PM +0100, Uriel wrote:
> > This "calss" system seems way too complicated (I don't think I even
> > understand it)
> >
> > All that is needed is a single file that contains one rule per line:
> > /pattern/ -> tag list
> >
> > Inside /pattern/ you could have either regexps or shell-style globing. Only
> > think that should be taken care is that it should be possible to match other
> > attributes than "class:instance".
>
> I like your idea, except that I hope you don't mean to have such
> file in wmii's virtual filesystem,
Of course I do mean inside the wmifs, just like /mnt/plumb/rules,
xprop output totally sucks, what wmii should provide is a way to setup
a convenient set of rules.

Also those rules should be applied _before_ the window is displayed,
so it doing it through an external program is way too convoluted.

uriel