[wmii] snap: 20060310

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:50:30 +0100

Hi there,

I created a new snap which can be downloaded from:

http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060310.tar.gz (60kb)

Several changes in this snap.

The /class namespace has been removed, instead a basic rule
approach discussed/proposed by Uriel on this list has been
implemented (well I didn't wait for Uriel's code contribution, I
did it faster on my own). These rules reside in /def/rules, the
default content looks as follows and understand regex(3) syntax
as follows:

/regex/ -> tag(s)

Current default:

; wmiir read /def/rules
/XMMS:.*/ -> ~0
/Gimp.*:.*/ -> ~3

At the moment the class:instance and the client name is matched
against those rules.

Inspired by this approach I removed the /keys namespace as well,
instead we have now a /def/keys file which contains following
syntax (easy to understand):

; wmiir read /def/keys
Alt-Control-c
Alt-Control-w,y
Alt-Control-q,y
Alt-Control-p
Alt-Control-a
Alt-Control-t
Alt-t

Next, I fixed several crashing bugs which have been reported so
far. The issues reported by Dave Tweed have not yet been fixed,
don't expect stable behavior if you attach more clients to a
column than which can be scaled unless it is not in max mode.

$MODKEY-space sends the selected client to floating area,
$MODKEY-Shift-space sends the selected client to managed layer.

Meters have been removed, they provide too less use.

Regards,