Re: [wmii] snap: 20060310

From: R. Mattes <rm_AT_seid-online.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:16:13 +0100

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 18:50 +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I created a new snap which can be downloaded from:
>
> http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060310.tar.gz (60kb)
>
> Several changes in this snap.
>
> The /class namespace has been removed, instead a basic rule
> approach discussed/proposed by Uriel on this list has been
> implemented (well I didn't wait for Uriel's code contribution, I
> did it faster on my own). These rules reside in /def/rules, the
> default content looks as follows and understand regex(3) syntax
> as follows:
>
> /regex/ -> tag(s)
>
> Current default:
>
> ; wmiir read /def/rules
> /XMMS:.*/ -> ~0
> /Gimp.*:.*/ -> ~3
>
> At the moment the class:instance and the client name is matched
> against those rules.
>
> Inspired by this approach I removed the /keys namespace as well,
> instead we have now a /def/keys file which contains following
> syntax (easy to understand):

Did you remove /tags as well? Despite heavy taging since the last
snapshot 'wmiir read /tags' returns an empty string. This is too
bad since the following will fail:

$MODKEY-Shift-t)
 xwrite /ctl select `wmiir read /tags | awk '{print $10}' | wmiimenu`;;

And that was rather convenient ...

Anyway, thanks for the work,

 RalfD