Re: [wmii] status doesn't work

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:25:14 +0100

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 08:57:56PM +0100, R. Mattes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 16:49 +0000, Christoph Sieghart wrote:
> > [Ivan F. Villanueva B. wrote]
> > > And, when I change something in the configs, e.g. the status file, how can I
> > > make the changes applied without restarting wmii ?
> >
> > You can do Metakey-Control-w and y, or just execute your wmiirc again.
> > That should do the trick.
>
> Better no :-)
> I was just about to report a bug in the rc/wmiirc script:
>
> $MODKEY-Control-w,y)
> wmiirc &;;
>
> This will create a _second_ wmiirc process so now you have
> two event readers - most likely _not_ what you want.
> Should probably be:
>
> $MODKEY-Control-w,y)
> exec wmiirc;;

Actually last snap contains the last line, but it is wrong.
First of all, the 'exec wmiirc' make the current wmiir read /event
context a zombie, second it completely breaks the possibilty to
run wmiirc cleanly from wmiimenu or your shell, thus I changed
the mechanism back to the pidfile handling.

If something does not work on your box, we should investigate
further into these issue. Please recheck with hg tip if things
work for you. Thanks.

Regards,