Re: [wmii] snap: 20060313

From: Alexandru E. Ungur <alexandru_AT_globalterrasoft.ro>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:43:57 +0200

>>> sender: "Anselm R. Garbe" date: "Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:20:02AM +0100" <<<EOQ
> Hi there,
>
> a new snap can be fetched from:
>
> http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060313.tar.gz
>
> [..]

First of af all. Great job! Snaps are getting better and better
each day (and more stable too).
I usually use snap wmii-20060302 which is perfect for my needs
and never had any problems with it, but I test each snap as they
come out.

This last one introduced a new bug, which I haven't seen in any
of the last snaps. Basically between the terminals, in that
small space in between, you get to see under some circumstaces
the 'other' tag's content. Here are the steps to reproduce this:

 * start up a fresh wmii-20060313
 * Alt-t
 * Alt-s
 * Alt-t 3 times
 * Alt-n
 * Alt-t 3 times
 * Alt-Shift-2
 * Alt-2
 * firefox &
 * Ctrl-D (in the terminal from where firefox was started)
 * Alt-1
 * select first column
 * Alt-t
 * Ctrl-D

That's it. In between the spaces existing between terminals, you
can see in workspace 1 (err, tag 1) the firefox from tag 2
Even more, if you try hard enough, you can actually click on
firefox, in between the gaps, and you can bring it in
foreground, but not bring tag 2 in foreground, you are still
in tag 1.

I use "Terminal" (http://www.os-cillation.com/index.php?id=42&L=5)
as terminal app if that matters, not xterm.

Great job, once again, it's the best WM I've ever used!

With respect,
Alexandru Ungur