Re: [wmii] Bugreport snap 20060316

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:13:25 +0100

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 11:45:51AM +0100, Stefan Tibus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some more bugs:
> 1) if one starts wmii with existing clients they are assigned a tag of
> "1" regardless of e.g. "xwrite /ws/tag F1" in wmiirc
> 2) adding "xwrite /ws/tags F1" to wmiirc sets the tag of the first of
> the existing clients to "F1", the others keep "1"
> 3) sending the clients from "1" to "F1" and switching to it, does not
> remove the tag "1", it still exists. I'm not sure at which action
> but it is removed during some action later.

This is related to the fact, that wmii scans existing windows
earlier than you might be able to xwrite /ws/tag. "1" is the
internal fallback if /ws/tag has not been written to anything
else. Because /ws/tag is the only case which has impact on
execution time and order of the fs interface, I think about
adding an argument to wmiiwm to set /ws/tag from .xinitrc.

> 4) the filesystem suffers from several bugs

See the other mail by ality and his patch.

Regards,