Re: [wmii] Sloppy focus?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:51:06 +0100

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 01:00:46PM -0500, John Nowak wrote:
> I'm not sure if X allows for similar things to be done. If not, I'd
> like the option of a focus-under-mouse mode (which, if I can ever
> figure out how to get X to disable my trackpad when my trackball is
> plugged in like I do in OS X, would be ideal). If it would be
> possible to switch mouse focus (so I can click buttons) but not
> keyboard focus (so I can't type things until I click), that would be
> *perfect*. Is this possible? It gives the safety of click-to-focus
> and the speed of focus-under-mouse, and is predictable.

Actually that is technically possible, but X clients conforming
to ICCCM should handle those events only if they have the input
focus (which implies receiving keyboard input).
Thus this is not a good idea in the WM world ;)

> FWIW, I also think it would be cute to be able to click a window
> title and have it expand when in stack mode. This is not critical,
> especially since the title bars tend to jump around which is fine for
> keyboard navigation but sucks for a mouse driven interface. Just an
> idea though.

If you click an unfocused client in stacking mode, it is
focused, which implies zooming it.

Regards,