Re: [wmii] Fwd: Re: wmii post from perl@gmx.org requires approval

From: zimba.tm <zimba.tm_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:59:17 +0200

On Thursday 06 April 2006 11:38, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> If someone presents a nice idea which works with sh, maybe in
> conjunction with awk, I'm open to do it. Otherwise blame X that
> it needs to grab shortcuts and there is no portable way to get
> keyboard events in any other way.

If you create a folder instead of a file for the keys, it gets simpler to add
keys with `wmiir create`

Then you could create a callback method that accept "key" and the rest as
"command".

callback() {
  key="$1"
  command="$@"
  wmiir create /def/keys/$key
  # Store the command with the key in a hash
}

Then in the event loop, match the key in the hash

--
Cheers,
  zimba.tm