[wmii] multitags

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:22:56 +0200

Hi there,

I used the recent version for at least several weeks and noticed
that I never need any client containing more than a single tag.

But handling stuff like 1+2+foobar in .../<client>/tags file,
means several overhead (for those who are familiar with the wmii
source code, the Frame struct has been invented esp. for this
reason). In other words, this overhead means several hundred
lines of code.

Thus I propose, to only allow a tag per client. This would
result in something like a (it is really a superset if you think
further about it) workspace-alike approach, though it is more
simple than workspace handling, and we got already all
mechanisms to run specific classes/instances of clients in
specific tags. The overall concept won't change, except
disallowing tagging a client with more than one tag, and the
removal of * tag.

I know that this is somewhat like the ws-approach, but I see no
need for the special complexity...

Any concerns removing that?

Regards,