Re: [wmii] multitags

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:19:48 -0400

On Apr 8, 2006, at 9:48 PM, Mihalis Pitidis wrote:

> I think wmii 3 is turning out less *dynamic* than it's predecessor.
> I really miss the instant zoom behaviour too, among other thinks,
> so if dropping multitags leads to a less functional and flexible
> wm, I'd vote against it.
> Just my 2 cents.

If it is more or less dynamic is not important... What is important
is how well the dynamic capabilities made available actually work,
and how useful they are in practice. If this is a "dynamic behaviour"
that is not particularly usable or useful, then I think we should get
rid of it, replacing it with something better.

I think we often rate things in terms of a vague quality and how much
of that quality is has (i.e. LISP is more dynamic than Python, and
therefore there is no reason to use Python). While I think the
dynamic aspect of wmii is important to consider and strive to
increase, the total amount of dynamic behaviour between versions is
not a useful metric of "goodness" in and of itself.

- John