Re: [wmii] How to create empty columns of certain size?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:35:35 +0200

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 03:04:59PM -0400, Tianran Chen wrote:
> Huh, I guess I do need some time to get used to this idea. So now my
> question is, if I would like a client to always has certain fixed size,
> how would I do that? I'm guessing I should use auto-property, in /rules,
> but I don't know that the syntax should be. Thanks again.

/<Class>:<instance>/ -> ~

You can read the class:instance string for a specific client
using: wmiir read /view/sel/sel/class

The ~ indicates that the client should be floating, thus you can
only give a client an arbitrary size if it is floating.

To write a specific size to a client do:
echo -n 100 100 300 300|wmiir write /view/sel/sel/geom

> PS: Where can I find docs on wmii-3?

At wmii.de in the Documentation section.

Regards,