Re: [wmii] Fwd: Re: wmii post from perl@gmx.org requires approval

From: <iv_AT_c-66-229-172-60.hsd1.ca.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:03:46 -0700

thats because X is an event model layered ontop of STDIN and STDout which
amazingly are everywhere in UNIX. and IN X it actually intercepts these that
is why you have 2 keybinding places.. because if you are focused on an xterm
then the keybindings go there and always to X, and if you are on a GUI
window they are mapped to whatever the library system for that GUI does...
So yes it is a pain in the ARSE... I would think that the whole event model
should be reorganized in another application layer so that new code base can
deal with it in a organized fashion and not by hit and miss or my gosh I am
not focused right and I press Xyz and deleted that... SHIT... not good...
I would vote for some type of visual or bell feedback so that if you are
doing something you get a hint that all is well before you rm -rf the root
drive with a key binding short cut....