Re: [wmii] snap: 20060411

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:05:52 +0200

On 4/11/06, Jani H. Lahtinen <jani.h.lahtinen_AT_nokia.com> wrote:
> Not a terribly loss, but it is prettier as a concept when the view
> command is interpreted as "now I want to see all things that have a
> property X" instead of "now I want to go to look at the desktop X that I
> have constructed previously that contains things that I usually want to
> look at at the same time." The first is more dynamic is it not?
"now I want to see all things that have a property X" is exactly the
way it's done now: you give all clients one or more tags (for instance
"aap+noot"), and when you say to wmii "now I want to see all things
that have a property "aap", it will show you all clients that have
this property ("aap"), among which is the client with the properties
"aap+noot". The only thing that has been removed is displaying
multiple properties at once ("now I want to see all thing that have
either property X OR property Y).

Greetings, Sander.