Re: [wmii] snap: 20060411

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:27:54 +0200

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 12:21:05PM +0100, David Tweed wrote:
> Hi, quick request: on line 67 of cmd/wm/bar.c there's
> a hardcoded border of 4 around titlebars (amongst
> other things). Would it be possible to make this a
> value configurable configurable from wmiirc? (Whilst I
> can find the constant in the code I haven't yet
> figured out libixp enough to propose a patch.) Since
> it's a minor change (motivated by sometimes working on
> a laptop with a relatively small screen), hopefully
> no-one who disagrees aesthetically with different
> values will go so far as to oppose making it
> configurable.

Well, as mentioned in POP I should have used something like:

enum { LABEL_PADDING = 4 };

instead. Actually the 4px are used to have 1px in top and bottom
of text and allow a 1px border surrounding a label in top and
bottom. Thus the value has been hardcoded and is already at the
most minimal value.

If you prefer small borders of frames, you have /def/border in
the filesystem. if fixed font consumes too much space on your
laptop, I recommend something like

echo -n '-*-fixed-*-*-*-*-8-*-*-*-*-*-*-*'|wmiir write /def/font

This is at least readable to some extend in 1400x1050 setups...

Regards,