Re: [wmii] What about the focus now?

From: Nico Golde <nico_AT_ngolde.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:43:38 +0200

Hallo Anselm,

* Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> [2006-04-18 20:07]:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 02:26:34PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > what about the changed focus behaviour in the current
> > snapshot. If you tag a new client with a view!=currentview
> > you will be automatically switched to that view. This was
> > different in older snapshots and is inconsistent because it
> > doesnt happen if the view for the new tag already exists.
> > For example I open a browser during reading mail and I have
> > the rule /Firefox.*/ -> 2 I dont want the I change the focus
> > on view 2 because I want to finish reading mails first.
> > Why this changed?
>
> That will be like the behavior before with next snap, sorry.
> Intentionally I agreed with Sander that the current behavior
> might be more consistent, but if someone wants it, one can do
> that in wmiirc in conjunction with the old behavior.

Why is it more consistent if the bahviour is changing
depending on if this tag already exists somewhere or not?
Regards Nico

--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion_AT_jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org