Re: [wmii] CSC: Results

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:15:52 -0400

On Apr 21, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I received 40 votes in the default colorscheme contest and the
> result is as follows:
>
> acme.steffenliebergeld.png XXXXX
> blackgold.alexungur.png XXXXXX
> default.png XXXXXXX(*)
> firebrick.konstantinklett.png X
> gabrielivanes1.png XXXXX
> gabrielivanes2.png
> juliankrause.png X
> mohnfeld.rossmohn.png X
> nicogolde.png X
> ocean.rossmohn.png XXXXXXX
> smokygrey.alexsaint.png XXXXX
> winxp.sandervandijk.png X
>
> (*) I decide for the default colorscheme we already got, however
> the ocean colorscheme by Ross Mohn has the same number of votes.
> But in my opinion the contrast of the default scheme is more
> applicable to most devices.

Well this was hardly the right sort of thing for a plurality voting
system anyway... The results are not at all indicative of any real
collective desires. The fact that seven out of forty voted for the
default means nothing -- 80% of us may very well hate it.

That said, default is fine with me. Maybe at least a borda count the
next time around?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borda_count

- John