[wmii] Automatic destruction of views

From: Denis Grelich <denis_AT_grelich.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:51:52 +0200

Hello all,

I find it quite cumbersome that views that don't have any clients are destroyed automatically. Firstly, it adds some unpredictability: you don't know where you end up when your current view is destroyed. Secondly, the current behaviour is quite annoying in that respect that it forces me to re-type the tagname if I accidently destroyed a window or if I want to remove a tag from a window but add another client to that view. If a destroyed and recreated client is tagged by a rule, the current behaviour forces me to go back to the view which is not only ugly but also slows down the workflow considerably. Last but not least, this behaviour was introduced as a means to add some consistency to column behaviour, but actually, there is about zero relation between clients and views?

Please revert to the old behaviour.

Greetings,
Denis