Re: [wmii] Re: snap: 20060425

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:18:45 +0200

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 04:02:49PM +1000, Adrian Ratnapala wrote:

> > 1) I can't resize or move anything with the mouse unless I use the
> > modkey. Unless this is how it's supposed to work now? The welcome
> > screen says I should be able to.
> >

> I think it's meant to be that way, but I am not sure why.

That has been discussed a while ago on this list. There should
be only one way todo things, if it is efficient for any purpose.
Because there's also a geom file for each client, one can also
resize with keyboard, though there are no default shortcuts,
because that is not intended (the quadrant-based approach is the
most efficient I have seen so far, that's why we have it in
wmii).

> > 2) I'm very glad to have focus follows mouse, but it's annoying with
> > the stacked layout since it makes hidden clients pop up when all I
> > want to do is move the mouse to the bottom of the screen.
> >

> Hmm, this is one of the first things I noticed too. It's quite alarming,
> but I think it's the right thing to do. In practice it is not so hard
> to correct
> the mistake when you make it. Yes it means going to the top of the screen
> and back, but that does not seem too hard, at least with my mouse &
> acceleration.

Such things have been solved already in hg tip. During the fact
that I still hunt a nasty bug with clients which are tagged with
more than one tag or with *, I wasn't able to release rc1 (aka
Tschernobyl) yesterday ;(((

Regards,