Re: [wmii] Column Layouts

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 00:15:16 -0400

On Apr 27, 2006, at 8:33 PM, David Arroyo wrote:

> I have heard a few people on #wmii ask if
> they could have more than one window viewable in a stacked column.

If I need to see more than one window at once from a stack, I just
move the one I want to see over to another column (or drag it with
the mouse). I do think it is possible to do something like right-
clicking titlebars to expand them without collapsing other windows in
a stack (how this would work with the keyboard I'm not sure), but
given the ability to have a second column and to quickly toggle into
"default" mode to see multiple windows, I'm not sure this is too
critical. (If you really want to see both quickly, you can always
just float the second as well.)

Can you not also adjust the height of windows in "default" mode as
well? Perhaps a way to switch into default mode *without* resizing
the stacked windows (i.e. leaving all but one minimized) would be
nice, as you could then resize other windows as you pleased.
Basically, I'm suggesting an additional way to switch into the
default mode that does not change the window sizes in the column
(unless you're in maximized mode I suppose, in which case it would
stack them and then go to default).

- John