Re: [wmii] Column Layouts

From: Anthony Martin <ality_AT_pbrane.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:30:05 -0700

David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk> once said:
> This isn't a criticism of title-bars in general
> context, but rather saying that title-bars don't solve
> the problem of finding clients completely.

As long as you put the right information into the titlebar, you'll have
no problem finding the client you're looking for. This, however, is the
job of the application .. not wmii.

I have my environment set up to properly display useful information
(e.g. in vim the filename is displayed, etc) and I just wrote a small
script called wmiigrep to search the wmii filesystem for a pattern. This
allows me to do 'wmiigrep <filename that i was editing in vim>' and get
the client I desire. It's simple and effective.

regards,
  ality

--
"The right to be left alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom."