[wmii] 9p problems

From: Anthony Martin <ality_AT_pbrane.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:10:36 -0700

I think there's something wrong with the wmii filesystem. I didn't have
much time to look into fs.c but maybe there's something wrong happening
when qids are created. What do you think garbeam? Anyways, when listing
the contents of some directories with the 9p client from p9p, I get the
following error: "dirstat wmii: file not found". It only happens for
directories that are the last nodes in their path. The weird thing is
that you can still read the files in the "non-existent" directories.

Here's what I mean:

hatter% wmiir read /bar/acme
--rw------- apm apm 23 Fri Apr 28 08:50:06 2006 colors
--rw------- apm apm 4 Fri Apr 28 08:50:06 2006 data
hatter% 9p ls wmii/bar/acme
dirstat wmii: file not found
hatter% 9p read wmii/bar/acme/colors;echo
#eeeeee #444444 #222222
hatter%
hatter% wmiir read /view/sel
d-r-x------ apm apm 0 Fri Apr 28 08:59:38 2006 0
---w------- apm apm 0 Fri Apr 28 08:59:38 2006 ctl
--rw------- apm apm 7 Fri Apr 28 08:59:38 2006 mode
d-r-x------ apm apm 0 Fri Apr 28 08:59:38 2006 sel
hatter% 9p ls wmii/view/sel
---w------- M 0 apm apm 0 Apr 28 09:00 ctl
--rw------- M 0 apm apm 7 Apr 28 09:00 mode
d-r-x------ M 0 apm apm 0 Apr 28 09:00 sel
d-r-x------ M 0 apm apm 0 Apr 28 09:00 0
hatter% wmiir read /view/sel/sel
--r-------- apm apm 11 Fri Apr 28 09:01:00 2006 class
---w------- apm apm 0 Fri Apr 28 09:01:00 2006 ctl
--rw------- apm apm 14 Fri Apr 28 09:01:00 2006 geom
--r-------- apm apm 1 Fri Apr 28 09:01:00 2006 index
--r-------- apm apm 12 Fri Apr 28 09:01:00 2006 name
--rw------- apm apm 1 Fri Apr 28 09:01:00 2006 tags
hatter% 9p ls wmii/view/sel/sel
dirstat wmii: file not found
hatter% 9p read wmii/view/sel/sel/class;echo
URxvt:urxvt

And one more thing, I can read the contents of the acme filesystem with
wmiir but not the plumb filesystem. Is anyone else experiencing this
problem?

regards,
  ality

--
"The right to be left alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom."