[wmii] Re: mouse and tagging

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:44:43 +0200

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 03:31:13PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> wrote:
> >I implemented a short trim function in libcext/trim.c (please
> >review it, maybe it contains a glitch I didn't noticed) which
> >trims the tags in one place. I'm going to create rc2 now.
>
> Sounds good, I think not allowing whitespace in tags is a good idea.
> Btw I saw the swap-related changes in the repository, and your note in
> todo-4 about removing swapping altogether. I think it might be
> worthwile to do this before -3 actually. Things feel a bit sloppy atm,
> I'm not to happy with the mixing of moving and swapping on Alt-Shift,
> and the parameters of swap_clients should be two clients, not a client
> and a screenpoint. I general, I feel that removing features shortly
> before release is better than adding them shortly before release; I
> don't know if many people use horizontal swapping, but removing swap
> east/west, and renaming swap up/down to move up/down, might make
> things conceptually easier (less to remember), and this would also be
> consistent with Alt-mouse1 behavior.

I agree with Sander, that it might be a good idea to remove
swapping completely (vertical swapping can be achieved through
moving afterwards anyways). And since the LarsWM discussion
proved, that people don't use swapping at all, I think it is a
good idea to get rid of this complexity (I actually only used
swapping within columns, otherwise always moving).

Regards,