Re: [wmii] Re: mouse and tagging

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:51:34 +0200

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 05:16:33PM +0200, Lars Noschinski wrote:
> * Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> [2006-05-04 16:14]:
> >I agree with Sander, that it might be a good idea to remove
> >swapping completely (vertical swapping can be achieved through
> >moving afterwards anyways). And since the LarsWM discussion
> >proved, that people don't use swapping at all, I think it is a
> >good idea to get rid of this complexity (I actually only used
> >swapping within columns, otherwise always moving).
>
> Given the current design, no swapping would be a big loss for me, as it
> is the only possibility to keep the current column sizes. And given the
> small resolution of my display (it's fixed, as it's a laptop), it's the
> fastest way to get a window to the big frame.
>
> (How do you move in a columnt? I thought only swapping works there?)

I got another idea, maybe it will increase the dynamic approach
of wmii ;)

What about simply combining 'swap' and 'move' into one action
(which could be still called swap)? Such an action creates
columns on the attempt to swap with a non-existent column at
boundaries. E.g. if only 1 columns exists with 2 clients, a swap
east would create a new column and move the focused client
there.

Regards,