Re: [wmii] suggestions for the sanitizing of swapping

From: David Arroyo <goodluv_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 22:00:45 -0400

I'm still of the opinion that the exclusive flag did not get the chance it
deserved. It was in for maybe 2 days, and was yanked back out. I've been
reading about all this swapping madness, and there has to be a better way.
It seems simple to me to have a keybind to 'freeze' or unfreeze a column.
Freezing the column would fix its number of clients (which could be more than
one). Moving a client into a frozen column would push the topmost client into
the bottom of the column the moved client came from. Moving a client out of a
frozen column would push it to the bottom of the target column and replace
its place with the topmost client of the target column. Some thinking needs
to be done about what to do when a new column is created, and perhaps how to
provide some visual feedback. Then again, some thinking needs to be done,
either way.

+++ Sander van Dijk [06/05/06 18:01 +0000]: