Re: [wmii] Inferno/Styx - why wmii is in C and is part of the Anti-Matrix

From: Jani H. Lahtinen <jani.h.lahtinen_AT_nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:32:59 +0300

ext Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

>But I cannot imagine an abstract Object-Model-like computer.

That would be an oxymoron anyway: you cannot have an abstract machine.
Machines are concrete things. OO is more about design of software than
about machines and languages, or should be at least.

I would not say that C is the most perfect language in existence. It is
fine for doing low level things, an os kernel for instance, but it is
not God's gift to mankind. Limbo is fine, but C is not Limbo. If you ask
me I like Forth better than C.

Jani