Re: [wmii] Dockapp problem

From: thomas <thomas.bsd_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:12:00 +0200

On 5/21/06, phyrster <phyrster_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Just switched to wmii and I notice a few Dockapps I am running are
> rendered into windows with title bar. They are supposed to dock on one side
> of the screen with title bar hidden.
>
> How to configure those Dockapps so that they really dock?
>
> I also noticed that 'status' command shows some system info but I don't know
> what those three numbers are signifying.

Hi phryster,
I have no idea how you can do that (I'm a not a wmii guru) but it is
very likely that most people on this list prefer to use the status bar
than dockapps. You can display virtually anything in the status bar if
you tweak the script (/etc/X11/wmii-3/status or ~/.wmii-3/status). The
user guide written by Steffen explains clearly how you can do that.
For instance, I've decided to display the number of new emails for
each mutt mailbox and the audio volume.
Btw, the three numbers you mentioned mesures the system load (man uptime).
Bye
Thomas