Re: [wmii] Dockapp problem

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:09:50 +0200

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 04:59:07PM +0800, phyrster wrote:
> If these Dockapps are not compatible with wmii what other system monitor's
> can I use? I tried conky and again it is rendered into a windows instead of
> embedding into the Page.

Dockapps are not supported atm. I'm not sure they ever will be
supported. Maybe there might be some kind of special dockbar at
the side someday. Actually I used dockapps several years ago
when I worked with WindowMaker for several months approx. But I
always thought they waste too much space for too less benefit
(same with tray icons). In any case a dock where such withdrawn
apps are automatically attached might be of use (to handle these
broken apps as well)... Somedays ago there I followed a short
discussion on IRC about this skype insanity, which creates tray
icon window(s) to indicate if someone calls or not. At least
those window should be made floating...

Regards,