Re: [wmii] wmii xsession file for dualhead

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:17:48 +0200

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 03:22:46PM +0200, Uwe Voelker wrote:
> I would like to use wmii-3 on a dualhead machine. I have installed the
> debian package and I'm using gdm.
>
> The following xsessions file (/usr/share/xsessions/wmii.desktop) does
> only start wmii on one screen:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Name=Wmii
> Comment=Window manager improved 3
> Exec=wmii
> Icon=wmii.png
> Type=XSession
>

> Can you please help me, what I have to put in this file to get wmii
> started on both heads?
>
> (I know it must be something with DISPLAY=0 and DISPLAY=1, but I don't
> know further.)

You have to exec a wmii instance for each physical head. I'm not
sure the Exec= entry in those Xsession files would support this.

Thus, wether you uninstall gdm and start X with startx, or you
write a small sh script which runs two wmii instances for both
heads, which is called with the exec command in your session
file.

If you remove gdm, the lines should look as follows in
$HOME/.xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh
DISPLAY=:0.0 wmii &
DISPLAY=:0.1 wmii
EOF

Otherwise put these lines into a script which gets executed by
gdm.

Regards,