Re: [wmii] wmii-3 mean real improvements?

From: <iv_AT_c-66-229-172-60.hsd1.ca.comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:09:37 -0700

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 08:12:21PM -0600, Mark R wrote:
> I loved wmii-2 and was disoriented for a while with wmii-3. Now that
> I'm used to it I think wmii-3 is superior. Hats off to the devs, very
> nice wm.

Well I think change is important. But like a tree each branch ends in some
other place. Depending on which way you go. To evolve something you need to
have alot of experiences upon which to understand your design from an
empirical point of view and to define and create something that is the
desire of your needs as well as others. Wmii is just a little more pragmatic
about that and instead of rehashing the WIMP model with some other features
it seeking to evolve with needs and ideas -- thus it will be subject to
change and you can use or evolve whatever branch you feel works for you.

wmii is an evolutionary system and it is being evolved in a very early
stage. It is thus going to metamorphasize into a number of different configs
until the devs see how to "rewrite" what they found most useful into a new
integrated version and do the whole cycle over again. This is the true open
source experience. If you want to try something or change it you can.

THanks for your input... I enjoyed your message.