Re: [wmii] Dockapp problem

From: David Arroyo <goodluv_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:42:24 -0400

I agree with Denis on this one. I would think, being the
developer of a window manager, that you would not want to make an
application with any sort of fixed dimensions. I don't see how
"scrolling complexity" is avoided with a fixed height. What if
the width of the dock is too narrow? I personally don't use
dockapps anymore, but I know they can be useful. However, if
there's anything I've learned watching this list and the irc
channel, it's that special cases add to complexity. This docking
client should behave just like any other client window, without
special treatment. If the height or width is too small, simply
don't display the dockapps. No scrolling needed. You could have a
thin column on the left/right side of the screen with just that
window, which would work well, I think.

+++ Anselm R. Garbe [22/05/06 19:10 +0200]:

--
"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:
Words without thoughts never to heaven go."