Re: [wmii] columns

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 18:34:18 -0400

On May 28, 2006, at 8:26 AM, David Arroyo wrote:

> As it is now, creating the third column, an
> ambitious act for most resolutions, squashes the other two
> columns if you have a colwidth set.
>
> Perhaps a better solution would be ...

Perhaps a better solution would be to only allow two columns? I've
never used more than two, and I imagine most others are in the same
boat. The complexity of controlling things is increased by the
ability to have more than two columns: We have this whole left/right
non-wrapping navigation now, which is a pain. If we cap it at two
columns, we can replace the left/right with a simple "other column"
command or something similar. Instead of having to move left or
right, perhaps two or more times, changing columns is always the same
command, and always used just once.

- John