Re: [wmii] can't start firefox

From: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <geoffw_AT_cis.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:14:51 -0400

Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:23:04PM +0800, phyrster wrote:
>
>> I am thinking of quitting wmii. This program is really speed deficient.
>> Everything comes up much slower than those in fluxbox.
>>

> Any details about this?

    Indeed. I'm wondering about whether wmii-3 is stable enough to use,
with it doing seemingly random things with my windows after using it for
a day or so (see my message about window decorations). But when I've
checked resource usage it was taking less CPU, real memory, and virtual
memory than even my rxvt-unicode sessions which aren't doing anything
fancy.

--
[Geoff Washburn|geoffw@cis.upenn.edu|http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~geoffw/]