Re: [wmii] wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 16:33:11 +0200

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:09:51AM -0300, Fernando Canizo wrote:
> The reality is that even Anselm has a set of predefined
> tags/views/workspaces/whatever (is all almost the same) which he
> doesn't change and that he likes to be *static*. (he told me this on
> irc).
>
> In particular i have this set of tags i use 99% of the time:
> 'chat' 'mail' 'web' <set of dinamically created and deleted tags> and
> 'z' for a root term which is always handy.
>
> I like to press mod-1 and be sure i'll be going to my 'chat' view. I
> don't want to have to look my bar and "count" to know where could be
> my 'chat' view now.

I'm using letters to select my most often used views. e.g.
Mod-W for www
Mod-M for mail
Mod-G for graphics
Mod-B for bot (which is a project I currently work on)
and so on...
Why should I remember Mod-1 for chat? Use Mod-C instead.
Of course you will have to find intuitive but unique names and letters
for your views. But for a small number this should not be a problem.

On the other hand you could make wmiirc handle Mod-1 for chat anyways,
or even better: use those F-keys for your fixed views.

So I see no need to impose an order as well.

Regards,
Stefan