Re: [wmii] wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 16:17:14 +0200

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:28:54AM -0300, Fernando Canizo wrote:
> El 09/jun/2006 a las 09:42 -0300, Anselm me decía:
> > I think having alphabetically ordered tags looks simple to
> > understand and is simple from an implementation point of view. I
> > don't think that it is worth the effort to clutter the tag
> > namespace with order files. If prepending a number looks
> > awkward, what about using 'browse' instead of 'web' that 'dev'
> > appears after 'browse'...

> So if i have this views: 'web chat' i will have this fs:
> /tags/1web
> /tags/2chat
> But in my bar it will not show the numbers.

With wmii-4 you can use different label names from what they
present. You can even do that in wmii-3 (though the internal
tag labels are managed by wmii in wmii-3, which is not the case
for wmii-4-current anymore). However, that status label does not
print 'status' to you, although it is called status (but it
presents `date` `uptime` information to you)...

Regards,