[wmii] Re: wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:50:04 +0200

On 6/9/06, Fernando Canizo <conan_AT_lugmen.org.ar> wrote:
> El 09/jun/2006 a las 07:21 -0300, Anselm me decía:
> > New (proposal):
> >
> > [The idea is to remove the column-representation in the fs-hierarchy,
> > because this is not used.]
>
> > /tagrules
> > /tag/NAME/0 (floating clients) (*)
> > /tag/NAME/1 (column 1) (*)
> > /tag/NAME/ctl
> >

> > (*) Each tag contains a file pro area (0 == floating area, 1,... ==
> columns), whereas each line looks as follows:
>
> Since you are considering modifying the fs, please take in
> consideration my sugestion for tags having an order property, so we
> can have ordered tags without having to put numbers in their names or
> relaying on strange names.

I can see no sane way to do this, and I can't see why it should
matter. What does the "tag order" mean? hell, the whole concept of tag
order makes no sense to me, tags are a set, set elements have no
order.

How you organize your status bar is up to you and has nothing to do
with "tag order". By the way, the whole labels thing is going away, so
there is little point in trying to change it now.

uriel