Re: Bar going away? (was: Re: [wmii] Re: wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion)

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:48:29 +0200

> Fair enough, I hadn't in mind that such sticky app would be
> fixed in its position. But if its position is changed it is
> changed in all views... (or better to say, such sticky apps are
> view-independent).
Yes, exactly.

> > I also think that probably (not sure) it is a good idea to make the
> > geometry of the managed area the same across all views.
>
> I'm not sure either about this question. I'd like to begin with
> a global setting and wait until there is a good reason to allow
> view-specific geometries for managed area.

I can't imagine many reasons for view-specific geometries for managed
area, but dynamic managed area resize would mean that all views need
adjustment, which might make the implementation a bit messy, but I
guess this should be possible to handle anyway due to
on-the-fly-resolution-change support.

uriel