Re: [wmii] Menu interface

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 03:11:16 -0400

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:42:40AM +0200, Timo Benk wrote:
>But please do not loose the general wmiimenu functionality.
>
>i am using wmiimenu heavily for own actions, for example to display
>a "yes no" menu when pressing "MOD-q", and depending of the selection,
>that means depending on stdout of wmiimenu, the quit action is performed
>or not.
>
>Personally i like the wmiimenu style, cause you can use it for quite anything.
>
>Maybe the program selection by /menu/ctl can be an additional feature of wmii, besides
>wmiimenu?
I wouldn't worry too much about this. There's a very high likelyhood that this
patch will never be made official. In the case that it is, I'll likely add
support for writing to the control file and blocking until a response is
recieved or some other method of keeping the interface sane enough for ad-hoc
queries.

--
Kris Maglione
#MESSAGE TO USER:  ran out of page bottoms at 44