Re: [wmii] Xinerama ??

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:10:00 -0400

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 03:38:37AM +0200, Wael Nasreddine wrote:
>I have started using wmi since 2 weeks so i'm still more/less newbie
>regarding
>wmii, I just want to know how xinerema does work with wmii, coz ATM i can only
>use it in floating mode, otherwize window will occupy both monitors and since
>one is 1280x768(left LCD) and one is 1280x1024(Right CRT), the window will be
>displayed wrong on the smaller screen.
Wmii currently has no Xinerama support. Work has just begun to add it, but it
will only be added to wmii-4. In wmii-3, you can create 2 columns and manually
size them to not cross the screen. Currently, in wmii-4, you can define a set
of colrules to automatically create columns of the correct size. Xinerama
support in wmii-4 will involve showing a single tag on each screen.

--
Kris Maglione
In the country of blinds, the one eyed men are kings.