Re: [wmii] Why does Eclipse float?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:03:38 +0200

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 07:31:58PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> Steffen Liebergeld wrote:
> > The point is: eclipse is a pile of shit and nobody should be forced to use it.
> I beg to differ. It offers very useful functionality for Java coding.
> Not everyone likes Java, but for a Java developer it is very useful.

The good news: Eclipse makes the Java community even more worse,
because it attracts many novices due to the features you pointed
to. This leads to an army of users (I don't call them
programmers or even developers) who have no clue what they are
doing and who can manage to create the most retarded software
architectures, due to the great benefit of on-the-fly
refactoring. That will be the Java community of tomorrow
(knowing nothing, because Eclipse does the job already). The
track Eclipse leads to, remembers me to Visual Basic, have you
ever asked a real Visual Basic user what he's doing?

> I looked at its C support and was less impressed, but perhaps that will
> get better over time.

Another good news is: if there would be C support similiar to
the described Eclipse features, the C community won't get such
users, because C is too depressing for such kind of Eclipse and
Visual Basic users.

Regards,