Re: [wmii] Why does Eclipse float?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:17:25 +0200

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:38:27PM -0400, Bill Puschmann wrote:
> Let's leave the flaming out of it. There are much better IDEs than
> Eclipse. There are much worse ones. I knew there'd be flaming on the

I don't want to continue flaming, but Eclipse is often a
customer _requirement_ in the area I worked from time to time.
The project customers required that the developer has to use
Eclipse ( because IBM made some studies which conclude that
Eclipse leads to better software quality in the Java environment)...

And yes, there are much better IDEs for Java... But most of them
are commercial, thus no customer can require that this is used,
unless he pays for it, and no customer wants to pay the
tools for a project to develop his software...

Regards,