Re: [wmii] Re: layout per tag.

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:41:31 +0200

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:09:29 +0200 Denis Grelich <denis_AT_grelich.de> wrote:
> > But others, like me, could say: if a Thunderbird message composition
> > window appears, then ensure that the current view has (at least?) two
> > columns and put the composition window into the second column.
>
> That's exactly what I was saying. This should not need to be
> configured, but should happen automatically anyway. These are two
> solutions to the same problem:
> a) configure by hand that this window behaves like that and stuff
> b) add some hints to the window so that the wm can arrange this
> automatically in a sane way for you
> Which option would you prefer?

First of all, there is some personal taste involved, which no
wm will ever be able to guess. And second, how long do you
believe you have to wait, until some app will provide these
hints to wmii? (and the hints provided by the programmer may
still not result in what the user wants)
The only way to account for different personal taste is
customizability... (and I don't mean by modifying the source
code).

Regards,
Stefan