Re: [wmii] wmii-4 is dead?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:35:02 +0200

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:38:57AM -0700, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> - From what I've learned from regulars in IRC, wmii-4 development has
> lost steam. Some say this was bound to happen because garbeam left
> wmii-4 to pursue dwm. That's fine if you like dwm, but those of us
> still dependent on wmii-3.1 are presently screwed because there
> isn't a stable wmii-4 release yet.
Actually I didn't expected that wmii-4 development would loss
its steam. There were people claiming they will continue (Kris,
Uriel, etc.). I wanted to have a break for other tools
which seem more important to me (st, taggi2, dwm, an editor,
etc), and because of the impression that wmii
development got a never ending story which resulted in CATD and
many direction changes because of new ideas (which was my
mistake). I also was fed up with Uriels contineously
criticism of my code though he never contributed any C code to
proof his expertise. However, if I wouldn't have listened to
Uriel, wmii won't be what it is now (no 9P, no tagging, ...),
thus I'm also happy about Uriels insights.

Neither me nor Uriel (I talked to him recently) has heared
anything of Kris (aka John-Galt in #irc) recently, thus I cannot
say what the current situation is. I'd ask for some more
patience, maybe Kris is on holidays or has got some real work
todo for the moment or other serious problems of more
importance...

Regards,