Re: [wmii] wmii-4 is dead?

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:43:37 +0200

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:40:09 +0200 Denis Grelich <denis_AT_grelich.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:38:57 -0700
> "Suraj N. Kurapati" <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
> > 4. restore swapping, because we cannot use wmii-2 style tiling
> > layout without it... heck! even dwm uses tiling layout ;-)
>
> Well, the trick is /not/ to use wmii-2 style tiling. Once I was a
> strong advocate of swapping too, but honestly, wmii-4 is now much, much
> better off without it. Wmii is not larswm or whatever this
> master-tile-swapping-thing has spawned from.
>
> On the other hand, I really look forward to the new concept of column
> modes. They really would enrich the work with wmii.

Ok, but I still haven't seen any hint here on this list, what this
new concept should be (maybe you can tell me). And up to then I'm
anyways stuck with the same columns as in wmii-3. And as long as
I tend to have my client I work with larger than others (why should
I not use the space?), swapping is the only fast method to move
clients around.
(Btw. I don't use this method always, on other tasks I may be fine
having my clients side by side in two columns or so, but for most
editing tasks e.g. I really prefer this master-tile-swapping.)

Regards,
Stefan