Re: [wmii] Popups in all views: is it possible ?

From: Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann_AT_verizonbusiness.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:22:40 +0200

Celti wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:34:11 -0700, "Suraj N. Kurapati"
> <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Francis GUDIN wrote:
>>
>>> I must use Ekiga (formerly GnomeMeeting). When an incoming call
>>> is placed, Ekiga raises a small window asking me "accept
>>> it/reject it/whatever". This "pops up" with those tags inherited
>>> from its parents.
>>>
> My recommendation would be to watch for the CreateClient event, and
> then alter something in the bar - I have a similar thing set up for
> irssi to notify me when someone messages me. Simple, unobtrusive,
> effective.
Yes, one could change the label of the button in the bar, or perhaps
flash it a couple of times. Or both.

The interpretation would be: This view has changes in it, and you
haven't looked at them, yet.

Firefox has something similar for tabs: Tabs with new pages in them that
you haven't seen yet are labeled red.

Kai