Re: [wmii] Fwd: [wmii-hackers] suckless.org - new primary domain, wmii.de, wmii.net, shortest.de and 10kloc.org going to be dropped

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:03:03 +0200

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:47:14AM +0200, Uriel wrote:
> Why the fuck should I or anyone work extra only because you are a
> moron that loves to break everything every other week for absolutely
> no reason? Why should hundreds of people spend time changing their
> email rules for no reason?

That is an unfair exeggeration. Also I told my reason why I
changed the domain. It is to make things simplier and to get rid
of unnecessary mess.

> And your claims are so ridiculous(as always), that it is pathetic.
> Dumping the domain
> means that you lose all the google-juice, which means googling for the
> project becomes much harder, not to mention googling for specific
> mailing list archive posts and so on.

Google doesn't cares about domains that much, it cares about
meta-headers. Why do you think I get nearly 20.000 results when
searching for 'shortest.de'? And how long is that domain active?

> As for changing the hundreds(if not thousands) of links out there in a
> week, not only it is ridiculous, it is also in many cases impossible,
> or are you going to hack into the slashdog database and change all the
> posts that have links to wmii.de?
>
> And what will we do next time you decide to change domains again? In
> less than two years wmi(i) has changed address at least FIVE times.
>
> Get a grip, for for fucking heaven's sake, and learn to think for a
> fucking second before fucking everything over.

Learn being constructive and productive.

> And instead of defaming the people that has put way too much effort on
> wmii just to have it messed up and ultimately put to waste by you, you
> could at least try to a bit grateful for saving you from drowning in a
> few hundred thousands of lines of C++ shit.
>
> Show some minimum respect for yourself and stop behaving like a total
> idiot, it is really sad.

I only notice that you behave like a huffy only-child.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe  ><><  http://suckless.org/arg/  ><><  GPG key: 0D73F361