Re: [wmii] wmii-3 and window 'z-index'/'z-stack' handling problem with the float layout

From: Denis Grelich <denis_AT_grelich.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:15:36 +0200

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:54:28 +0800
"Jeffrey Lim" <jfs.world_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Or that I must be forced to accept a
> 50-50 width size for my windows (the width allocation for the columns
> is not adjustable, unlike wmii-2), and use multiple columns instead?
> But what if i (very frequently for me, and i'm sure for more than a
> few others as well) want to pair one necessarily BIG window, say a
> browser, with one smaller one, say an xterm? The 50-50 split will make
> my xterm bigger than it needs to be... and my browser window so much
> smaller than it should be.

I'm sorry that I can't elaborate on all of your mail atm, there is one
thing that might help you directly by helping you makeing use of the
managed mode more often. You CAN resize the columns. Yes, resizing by
pulling the border has gone (because it was decided that it was not too
useful, somehow), but you still can resize by »Alt-Right
Click-Pulling« one of the corners. Hope that helps.

At the floating mode issues: Yes, floating window management sucks
quite much in current wmii versions. Please bear with us until it is
fixed in later versions.

Greetings,
Denis