Re: [wmii] client titlebar

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:46:08 +0100

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:13:08 +0100
Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> so a long awaited new release of wmii is out. What a great joy =)
>
> One thing I am missing is the additional information in the title bar
> of each client that displayed its tags and its position in the column
> in wmii-3.1. I found the latter to be especially useful in max mode.
>
> Has this feature been dropped on purpose? If yes: why? If no: will it
> reappear?
>
> Sincerly Alexis.

I don't think anyone is *really* missing any info in there. To
display what tags are set is not important (people can remember
where they put their windows easily), and any other info is inadequate
anyway.
To get an overview of the contents of a maxed column, you
simply switch to stacked mode and back. The info you get by that
is a thousand times more useful.
And for floating windows a ~ is just too little of a clue. I'm planning
a different frame style for them, but that's something for
wmii-4 as well. Nothing to bother about now.

Greetings
Denis