Re: [wmii] wmii-3.5.1 bar on top patch

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:14:38 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:40:55 +0100
Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 7:18 PM, Denis Grelich wrote:
> > Thanks for the patch, but I'd prefer not to apply it. There
> > will be a different and more straight-forward solution for 3.7.
>
> Okay, but now you made me curious about the 'more straight-forward
> solution for 3.7' ;) Any comments on what you have on your mind?

It's just an implementation detail. To get the desired behaviour you
would only need to change one line of code, and thus it even would be
possible to configure this via the 9P interface.
For wmii-4, I plan to out-source the bar. Then it will be only a matter
of a command line parameter whether the bar is on top or not.

> > Nonetheless, there have been more people interested in having the
> > bar at the top. Thus I'd like to encourage you to put it up on the
> > wiki.
>
> I've created a patches page similar to the dwm patches page at:
> http://wmii.suckless.org/view.sh/patches
>
> Since the patch is quite small and self-explanatory I've omitted
> creation
> of a dedicated patches page for now.

Very nice, thanks!